"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Friday, November 16, 2007

Adoption. . . from Jamie Jo and Gabby's Perspective

We have loved having Gabby and Jami Joe in our home this past week. We
have fallen in love with Gabby. She is an energetic little girl
brought to us from Rwanda. This past week we went to doctor
appointments and embassy interviews to finalize the adoption process.
Gabby will be introduced today to her new family in the States. We
will miss this little girl. Read more from Jami Jo.


This roller coaster has been a blessing in SO many ways! There are the obvious ways. . .the JOY—the sheer and utter joy of adding to our family and the JOY of our sweet baby Gabby. But I think the biggest blessing. . .the biggest surprise of this process. . .has been just understanding adoption. . .understanding God's heart as MY Father! He has adopted me and I am equal heir to His throne with Christ. . .His one and only Son. I knew that before, but now I KNOW it. . .I understand it. Now that I have my own adopted daughter and now that I am experiencing the deep LOVE I have for her, I know. I know that my love for her is equal to the love I have for my biological children and I know that I would do ANYTHING for her in the same way that I would do anything for my other three children. And God loves me like that (except in His PERFECT way)!! WOW! That thought puts me on the floor in awe of our Father!

If you have any questions about adoption or the adoption process or anything, I would love to help! My email is jamiejo@kanakuk.com and you can see my daughter's website at www.cicibraner.com. If you're interested in adoption, America World Adoption Agency is WONDERFUL! www.awaa.org They have several programs, including an Ethiopia program (if you're interested in Africa).

Blessings!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh my gosh, Gabby is absolutely beautiful. I pray a lifetime of happiness and a little girl that as she grows, understands how God loves her and has provided for her. She is precious!!!

Shannon Pate said...

How wonderful!! This was especially fun for us to see, since we love the Kanakuk family!