"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Learning to embrace Divine Delays

We had borrowed a car from a friend to use while it's owner is overseas. It has been great to use, but often wouldn't start. Well, Sunday when Lewis dropped off Rodney at the airport, the car died for the last time. If Lewis had left as planned, I would have been challenged to know what to do. Lewis determined the problem and it will have to be towed. I am just glad this didn't happen while he was away...

The coolest thing is when Lewis called Monday morning with energy in his voice. "God is amazing" he tells me. "The lap top ordered for the trip arrived and Nick is available this morning to get it running before I leave today." He could now do interview, business and blog in Kenya. I got off the phone and told John it was a miracle to be delayed in order to get the laptop and have Nick available to get it going within hours before departure. Several minutes later, John said, " mom, I know lots of people don't believe God does miracles, but we see Him do miracles a lot." WOW... I love it when God shows Himself in undeniable ways...

Trusting Him,

Melody

Editors note... what was also a "God thing" about this is I got to help Lewis and didn't miss a beat at work. I was able to help him and honor my employer. Nick

No comments: