"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Monday, June 2, 2008

DIVINE DELAYS

I missed my flight on Sunday. Forgot to get my passport out of bank safe deposit box on Saturday. Rodney left without me trusting God is in control (trusting God for MY memory is a real act of faith).

Casually checked mail Monday morning and was surprised to find the mini-laptop (2# w/9” screen) ordered for this trip. HP recently gave me the bad news that it was backordered till June 9th. Now I can blog from Kenya. With my Kenya cell phone I can get a wireless laptop connection from anywhere in Kenya. So I give thanks for cool technology (feel like I’m in a James Bond movie) and divine delays.

Getting thru security at LR airport was comical. I have attachments strapped all over my body. Backpack, doc kit attached, waist pack, video camera strapped over shoulder. Checked bags (four packed over 50# limit all for orphan homes) have no room for personal belongings. Rodney and I agreed to stuff one backpack each for our 2 week stay.

Getting thru security started with removing liquids. I filled up two plastic bags with sanitizers, bug sprays, bug wipes, bug cream, shampoo, contact solution…and sunscreen. Next I filled tubs on scanner belt with laptop, shoes, wallet, phone and two bags of liquids. Rushing to gather stuff on other side of scanner…I left my phone.

Fortunately my flight is delayed two hours…enough time to remember my phone.

Another divine delay!

No comments: