"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rafiki campfire welcome

We received an official welcome from our new family tonight. After dinner all gathered around the large patio fireplace. Darkness fell at 7pm and a roaring fire warmed us in the cool night air (a refreshing 60 degrees). We all sang hymns led by mini-missionaries. Then each Mama took turns standing before us with her children singing a song or quoting bible verses. Weary as we were (up at 3am as bodies still adjusting to new time zone) it was a wonderful evening.

God is blessing us exceedingly and abundandly.

6 comments:

Lee Smith said...

AWESOME! That's beyond what I imagined. What a sweet time. I hope it's the first of many fireside worship times.

Shannon Pate said...

How wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing! It makes ya'll feel not quite so far away!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

That's a wonderful story. I can't wait to hear more like it.

Karen said...

I love it! I can imagine the little voices...the starry sky, the smell of the fire...just like we were there. I cant wait to hear all of the stories...I pray for you all the time but I let God figure out the time difference...Okay Lord, protect their sleep...if they are sleeping now...or if it is daytime, let their fellowship be sweet...

Barbara Weddle said...

Hi guys,
I tried to read your comments about the campfire night to my family and I started to cry as I thought of those moms and litte children singing to your family. How precious! We miss you and think of you everyday. We are praying.