"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Lets take a drive

I got behind the wheel (the one on the right side of the car) for my first drive into the city yesterday...and loved it. My family trusted me enough to pile into a borrowed Pajero (looks like an Isuzu Trooper, but made by Mitzubishi...with a stick shift). Mario Adretti's got nothing on me:-) after navigating a few roundabouts (intersections offer a carosel-like transition allowing traffic to keep moving) playing chicken with swerving flatbeds full of stone while dodging men pulling two wheeled carts full of potatoes.

We all got home safely and caused harm to no one...except the shocks and tyres (African spelling) of my neighbors car.

I want to thank everyone for the comments. We appreciate them very much.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We are so glad to hear the trip went well...can't wait to hear about all of the new adventures you'll have! We are praying for you all. Joseph has been determinedly manning his lemonade stand all week, taking only donations for your support. We all miss you!
Love, Jennifer

Unknown said...

We'll pray against "mashed potatoes"!

Darryl Harpool said...

First they let you in the country and now they let you drive!
- Harpool
(Reminds me of a Yes song)

Ill be the roundabout
The words will make you out n out
I spend the day your way
Call it morning driving thru the sound and
In and out the valley