"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Friday, February 1, 2008

Prayer for the people in Kenya

My mind thinks constantly about those we care about in Kenya. My heart wants to be there with them sharing the burden to care for orphans as they struggle to remain safe and survive. When I read the bible these days, the words are more far reaching to me because of what we have seen and experienced in Africa. As I read psalm 46 the words ignite with relevance.

“God is our refuge and our strength, a present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth should change, and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride…The Lord of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold…He makes wars to cease to the end of the earth; He breaks the bow and cuts the spear in two. He burns the chariots with fire. ‘Cease striving and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth’ LORD of hosts is with us; The God of Jacob is our stronghold.”

Please join me in praying these word from psalm 46 for the people in Kenya.

Their world has changed dramatically. It is a world with dangers erupting beyond their control. I pray they will experience God as their personal defender and stronghold. They will know with certainty that the Lord of hosts with His unseen army of heavenly angels is with them and will bring an end to the violence. They will personally experience God as the gracious covenant keeping God of Jacob in these frightening days and that God would be exalted.

AMEN

1 comment:

Mary Virginia said...

Hi Taylors,

I just want you to know what a testimony your blog has been to me over the past months you have been away. I will continue to pray for you all as you adjust to life in the US.

Much Love,

Mary Virginia (Bain) Grandle