"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

God's Faces

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

More Street Boys

Before the uprisings I took photos of more of the boys I encounter in my area. We live near the United Nations and US Embassy where things are much more calm than other areas. As I shared in earlier blogs there are numerous children and adults on our streets.

Street Boys

I am fascinated by the variety of boys that I call street boys. Some I call “my street boys” because we are getting acquainted gradually as I stop to give them food. They all love to have their picture taken.They have different personalities and I find them in different settings. .




Ice Cream treats
Giving these street boys ice cream on a stick was a real treat for me as well as for them. I had to tell them how to go about eating it and it was so fun to see them brighten as the licks began. These boys were in photos of an earlier blog in case you recognize them.



These photos were taken before the uprisings. The situation has changed dramatically as people are now sleeping outside their homes in the slums as a safeguard from being in their homes at night if they were to be set on fire. Please pray for all who are no longer in the safety of their homes. Pray for peace and justice in our land.

1 comment:

Shannon Pate said...

Do these children really just live in the streets? Also, I was wondering about the street babies, who takes care of them? You are doing such a wonderful job of loving these kids. I am so proud of you! Love you! Shannon